terça-feira, 15 de março de 2011

    Today a tragedy happened with a person of my street. A girl aged 18 years old died in a car accident coming from Rio. She went there to celebrate her university entrance approval with her boyfriend and his parents. But on the way back the boyfriend lost control of the direction of the car and it flipped. The girl, her boyfriend and his mother died in the  accident. The father is in the hospital.
   I received the sad news when I was coming down the street, I could see a lot of people on the corner of the street- where her and her parents house is located.
   I didn't know how to react. Should I talk to her parents? Should I go home and talk later? Shouldn't I say anything at all? They are suffering a great pain of course. I don't know the dimension of it, I only can see is their great despair for loosing their daughter.
   Days before I said to her father we could go to university together, because we got in on the same time. I'd talk to her this week. Classes stars next Monday. And her parents will never get the chance to see her going to her classes. They will see me and the other neighbor going to classes and will think: " My daughter should be along them both, but she's gone".
   I went there to say I feel sorry, I know her father, but I never talked much to her mother.  I said I feel sorry, and that we should be strong. I first talked to the father, and he told me to see his wife. She was crying out loud:" God knows how much I need her, he'll revive her. I'm sure" .She together with some other old ladies of the street, and some relatives, were looking for all the possible signs that were given in order to warn of the accident. A uncle disagreed with her trip, when she got there she felt her heart clench and wanted to come back, her mother said she should come by plane so she'd arrive faster, but nothing can explain her loss. It's just unfortunate that this tragedy happened.
    I could only feel great sadness. I hugged her mother and the first  thing she said was the university and the plans for us to go together. I said that she should concentrate on the happiness that her daughter gave her. And that she should look for strength in God ( I'm not religious, but she is, and I really think she should attain to something she believes with all her might).
    But I'm unsure if I said was right, because at a moment like that you question everything. Thinks of everything and nothing. Feel full of emotions with a empty soul. Feel it's unfair. Cries silently, or screaming, until feeling numb, because you feel sad and good for nothing. Unable of doing anything. Because you can't turn back time.
    I can only think of how there was a life interrupted. A life with plans. Makes me think that we are extremely fragile, but we constantly forget it, specially at such young age. We barely think of death. We usually relate it to sick or old people. That's why when a life ends like this it's a accident. It's not on the plans. Not on the remade plans. Not on the mind of anyone. It's a sad and tragic interruption. A occasion that can't be taken back, and that resides in peoples memory very deeply and sadly while they go on with their lives.
    I really feel sorry for both families, and for their loss. I hope they can find strength to deal with this situation and to go on with their lives.
Better days will come.
R.I.P. Aline

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário