terça-feira, 14 de setembro de 2010

Forum movie

Well, on the last post, I talked about the forum I would go. It has come and gone and I didn't write anything at all about it.

  In one of the nights there there was a movie we would watch and then talk about it. The name of the movie was: "Invisible Children".
  It shows the way children live in Uganda. The country s taken by a civil war, and the 'rebels'- that are the ones against the government there- abducts children trough the hole country to compose their army. But they abduct the ones between 5 and 12 years old, because they are old and big enough to hold a gun and take back other children with then. The director talked to some of the children that managed to escape from the bushes. They said that there, with the rebels they learned not to cry, Because with they cry, they are showing their weakness, or they miss their home so much that they won't be able to go into battle. So, if they cry they get dead.
  The horrible reality forces them to leave their families and go to refugees buildings under hospitals and so on.
  The adults complain that the government does nothing to stop this situation going on... Others claim that USA should interferes in the country politics and help them, and some complain about the lack of interest the global midia shows about the children abductions in Uganda. One even compare the visibility Israel has with the visibility they have. They claimed for help, and no one offered a hand. They ask for us to spread the word so that they can call attention to their situation and get help.
Here's the link of a site for you guys to know more about it and maybe even help.  http://www.invisiblechildren.com/

3 comentários:

  1. I heard about that before! I remember I watched a movie - or was it an episode of some tv serie? - in which they talked about this kids. I don't know if it was in Uganda, but I'm certain it was in Africa =P
    I'll take a look at the website and maybe I even write something about that in my personal blog as well. It's not much because almost noone reads it, but I think that's all I can do by now...

    See ya!
    Shimabuko

    ResponderExcluir
  2. It remembers me about Blood Diamond.
    This movie shows the same problems faced in Uganda, but the scenario is in Serra Leoa.

    It's a really good damn movie, I really recommend it!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. That does remind me of Blood Diamonds. Actually, there are just so many things we've never heard about that it's hard to guess what's worse - never hearing about these things or simply being unable to help.

    It's good to see you're into it! :)

    Rick

    ResponderExcluir